What is 360° Virtual Tour?
Being a very engaging and persuasive marketing tool, this cutting-edge technology is proven to generate quality traffic and increase revenue.
Put simply, you turn your site visitors into guests by virtually inviting them in. Whether you run a hospitality business like a hotel, restaurant or a venue, or advertising real estate properties online – arming your site with a 360 virtual tour helps to attract your target audience, boost social signals (likes, comments and reposts in social networks), significantly improve search engine ranking and drive quality traffic to your website or landing pages.
What does it do for me?
Be visible! Improve your online performance and attract new customers easily.
Having panoramic tour of your business on Google Maps gives you an edge over the competition with searchers preferring listings with 360° view images. Google estimates that the ability to explore with a 360 virtual tour is essential prior to making a booking or reservation for over 67%! of online searchers. Listings with 360 VR tours on average are viewed 10 times more and slash bouncing rate by 40%.
How does it work?
1. 360° PHOTOGRAPHY ON LOCATION
Taking static photographs from various positions. A single room can have up to 8 viewing spots depending on the size and complexity.
2. IMAGE PROCESSING & CREATING PANORAMAS
Processing single images into HDR segments, stitching and creating individual panoramas for virtual tours using specialist software.
3. INTEGRATING WITH GOOGLE MAPS AND WEBSITE
Individual 360 panoramic images uploaded to Google Street View app, mapped to your listing and linked to each other. Complete virtual tours for your website can either be uploaded through ftp to a website hosting directory or integrated from another location.
How do I get one done for my business?
Think it's a must for your business or not too sure and need more details?
In any case, the consultation is free and will not take much of your time. Read on or get in touch now:
- We agree the date and time for a visit to your premises and discuss your requirements in detail.
- Prior to the shooting day get your place spotless and prepare your staff. Photography takes from around two hours depending on the number of rooms/viewing spots.
- Allow up to two weeks for me to work my magic and start enjoying your new virtual tour!
What is Virtual Reality?
In a digital age with technologies advancing at increased speeds, it’s extremely important to keep up-to-date with how your business can incorporate the latest innovations into their marketing strategies. Virtual Reality (VR) is currently one of the most progressive digital technology sectors and is definitely something your business or venue should employ to attract customers and boost bookings or sales.
VR made its first appearance in the gaming world to immerse players in life-like adventures. The hospitality industry quickly realised the potential selling points this technology offered.
How 360 virtual tour can help my restaurant business?
1. As a restaurant owner/manager, depending on the size and interior you can choose to virtually invite visitors in (and my job is to make the place look at its best). According to Google stats, 87% of 18-34 years old searchers prefer places that provide virtual tours and make contact or booking straight from Google Maps app.
2. Upload virtual tour to your website and use static images of your dishes or even the complete menu within the tour for your visitors to want more.
3. Google ranks sites with virtual 360 tours higher, which means that you have advantage over your competitors when someone is looking for a restaurant in the area.
But above all, you will provide your visitors with an experience they will most certainly enjoy and appreciate, and that converts to happy customers.
Can I include a video into virtual tour?
Almost anything if it’s digital. Static images, videos or web pages can be included if required.
There are two ways to include a video into the tour:
– Simple and inexpensive option is to place a trigger anywhere on the panorama and call a video window by clicking on it;
– More elaborative and heavier on the budget would be to record a video as one of the segments and include into the panorama as part of it. Both options will work with pano tours integrated into your web site. Google Maps doesn’t support this feature.
My business is not shown on Google Maps. Can you help?
Definitely. If your business is not linked to an address on Google Maps, first thing to do would be setting up your Google My Business account. If you already have a Google account (GMail, Google Drive, etc.) you can do that on your own by adding your business to the listing. You will need to wait a few days for the post card with confirmation code to activate your account.
Once the account is active, we can proceed with linking your panorama images to the account. It is offered as part of the service and if you need any help with setting up the account – just let me know.
How long would it take to make virtual tour for a hotel and would you offer a discount for large order?
That would depend entirely on the size of the hotel and how many view spots you want to cover. An average hotel virtual tour would contain street entrance, reception area, bar/restaurant, conference room and a few guest rooms. Considering that each area can have 2-3 view spots, this amounts to a pretty standard package which can be done within two weeks in total including photography on location and the technical bits.
If you want to include other areas inside or outside or have a specific project, please get in touch and I’m sure I’ll be able to work out an attractive offer.
What is the difference between automatic and manual panorama stitching?
Automatic stitching is a great time saving feature, which is included by default in many modern 360 photo and video cameras, and even smartphones. In some cases it produces decent quality panorama stitching depending on the complexity of geometry, but in many fails to accurately identify and link anchors (control points) between panorama segments. This results in poor stitching, incorrectly blending the panorama’s individual images.
When quality is a primary concern, manual stitching is by far a much better option. The downside is that it requires technical skill and can be very time consuming to fine-tune the stitching using specialist software to produce a pixel-precise and flowless panorama image.
I do not offer automatic stitching.
Can these virtual tours be viewed with VR goggles?
Absolutely! Putting your Samsung Gear, Google Cardboard or similar device on will give you a real sense of presence experience.